Solvent Weld Waste System - Grey
Grey Solvent Weld waste pipe is generally used either to match up with a grey soil stack externally or when pipes are being hidden within a duct.
Please click here to watch a short video showing how to make a solvent weld joint.
WHICH SIZE OF WASTE PIPE IS CORRECT FOR YOUR INSTALLATION?
32mm (1 1/4") - Used on Washbasins, Vanity Basins and Urinals.
40mm (1 1/2") - Used for Kitchen Sinks and other kitchen appliances such as Washing Machines & Dishwashers, Baths & Showers.
50mm (2") - Used for a collection of pipe runs or for commercial applications.
HOW TO MAKE A SOLVENT WELD JOINT
The end of the pipe should be cut squarely and any burrs and dust should be removed. Using our SC250 Solvent Cement, apply a generous amount of cement to both the outside of the pipe and the inside of the fitting. Push the pipe firmly into the fitting and give it a twist to ensure that the cement is well spread. Wipe off any excess cement with a clean damp cloth. Allow 5 minutes for the joint to set before handling, and as a precaution, we would advise leaving the installation for 12 hours before water testing. Joints that have been made with solvent weld cannot be taken apart again.
CHOICE OF COLOURS
A waste pipe that is installed outside for any length of time should be painted to protect it from discolouration.
COMPATIBILITY OF SOLVENT WELD WASTE PIPES
Most ABS waste pipe systems are interchangeable but you should always check that the pipe and fittings are a tight fit with each other. Solvent weld fittings cannot be used on Push-Fit pipe as this is made of polypropylene, which is not compatible with the use of solvent cement.
Our ABS (Solvent Weld) waste is manufactured to BS EN 1455-1:2000 / BS 5255 by FloPlast, who is one of the UK market leaders in Above and Below Ground Drainage Technology. Our waste pipe systems are all compatible with our Soil and Drainage systems.
- FloPlast Solvent Weld Waste Pipe - 32mm (I.D.) x 3mtr Grey
- FloPlast Solvent Weld Waste Bend Knuckle - 90 Degree x 32mm Grey
- FloPlast Solvent Weld Waste Bend Swivel Male and Female - 90 Degree x 32mm Grey£1.01 £1.21
- FloPlast Solvent Weld Waste Bend Swept - 92.5 Degree x 32mm Grey£1.20 £1.44
- FloPlast Solvent Weld Waste Bend - 135 Degree x 32mm Grey£1.01 £1.21
- FloPlast Solvent Weld Waste Bend Swivel - 135 Degree x 32mm Grey£0.81 £0.97
- FloPlast Solvent Weld Waste Access Plug - 32mm Grey£1.14 £1.37
- FloPlast Solvent Weld Waste Tank Connector - 32mm Grey£1.38 £1.66
- FloPlast Solvent Weld Waste Pipe - 40mm x 3mtr Grey
- FloPlast Solvent Weld Waste Bend Knuckle - 90 Degree x 40mm Grey
- FloPlast Solvent Weld Waste Bend Swivel Male and Female - 90 Degree x 40mm Grey£1.01 £1.21
- FloPlast Solvent Weld Waste Bend Swept - 92.5 Degree x 40mm Grey£1.14 £1.37
- FloPlast Solvent Weld Waste Bend - 135 Degree x 40mm Grey
Want some advice on how to install your soil and waste system, or interested in finding out more about our product range, take a look at our guides & tips.