Sealants and Glues
A range of different sealants and caulks to suit various applications. If you would like advice on which particular sealant best suits your application then please read on below.
Silicon sealants are generally classified as either “High or Low Modulus”, and “Neutral or Acetoxy cure”.
The meaning of high and low can be explained simply: a low modulus will need just a low force to stretch it, and will therefore have better elasticity and movement accommodation, whereas a high modulus is more rigid. As most silicons that we sell are used for sealing around plastics which do expand and contract, a low modulus silicon is generally more popular as it better accommodates this usual thermal movement.
The “cure”, which can be either Neutral or Acetoxy, refers to how the silicon sets. A neutral cure silicon gives off alcohol as it sets or “cures”, which has hardly any smell. An acetoxy silicon gives off acetic acid as it cures, which smells like vinegar. Acetoxy silicons are generally favoured by the trade as they cure faster. Neutral cure silicons take a little longer to cure but adhesion can be superior in the long run.
If a sealant is described as LMN, this means it is Low Modulus and Neutral Cure. If it is an LMA, it is Low Modulus Acetoxy.
Our accessories and tools are all top quality products from well known brands such as Everbuild and FloPlast. From lubricants to glues, foams to cleaning materials and screws to window fixings we have everything that you need to complete your installation.
The technical information library needed to house all of the infomation that is available on these products would be too large to index. Also in todays world of high-tech packaging many of our products to contain detailed technical specification printed onto their cartons or containers. However if you do need more information about any individual product please contact us and we would be happy to help.
- CT1 Sealant & Construction Adhesive - White 290ml - Box of 12£100.03 £120.04
- CT1 Sealant & Construction Adhesive - Clear 290ml - Box of 12£113.38 £136.06
- CT1 Multi Solve - 200ml£4.90 £5.88
- CT1 Multi Solve - 500ml£8.38 £10.06
- CT1 Sealant & Construction Adhesive - White 290ml£8.91 £10.69
- CT1 Sealant & Construction Adhesive - Oak 290ml£8.91 £10.69
- CT1 Sealant & Construction Adhesive - Clear 290ml£9.96 £11.95
- CT1 Sealant & Construction Adhesive - Beige 290ml£8.91 £10.69
- CT1 Sealant & Construction Adhesive - Brown 290ml£10.18 £12.22
- CT1 Sealant & Construction Adhesive - Anthracite Grey 290ml£8.91 £10.69
- Silicon 500 Bath and Sanitary - 300ml White£3.34 £4.01
- Silicon 200 Contractors Lma - 300ml White - Box of 25£58.69 £70.43
Want some advice on how to install your sealants, tools and fixings, or interested in finding out more about our product range, take a look at our guides & tips.