Solid Polycarbonate Sheets - FAQs
Take a look at some of the most frequently asked questions for Solid Polycarbonate Sheets (Flat Sheets) around choice, installation & maintenance.
Is Solid Polycarbonate available in larger sizes?
Yes. Solid polycarbonate is available in sizes such as 6100mm x 2050 sheets.
What product should I use for roof glazing?
We recommend you use Solid Polycarbonate as this is an unbreakable material.
How do I clean Flat Sheeting (Solid Polycarbonate)?
We recommend using warm water with a mild household detergent. This should be sufficient to clean the sheets. Wipe off any remaining dirt with a soft cloth and wash again. NEVER use a solvent based cleaner. AVOID using sponges or brushes that can scratch the surface of the sheets.
What the difference between solid polycarbonate and acrylic?
- Acrylic can be easily fabricated and flame polished
- More scratch resistant than solid polycarbonate
- 4-8 times stronger than glass
- Less impact resistant than solid polycarbonate
- Unbreakable material – 200X stronger than glass and more resistant than acrylic
- Excellent properties for use in overhead glazing, canopies and shelters, etc.